Cassiar Connector, from McGill to 1st Avenue - 1992

Clive Justice, FCSLA

The Rotary Heritage Forest was undertaken as a volunteer community project which became a component of the Cassiar Connector landscape design, by Catherine Berris & Associates. To celebrate the bicentennial of the arrival of Captain George Vancouver in 1792, elementary school children planted a forest of 2700 native trees seedlings. These trees then served as a living laboratory for students participating in the Treekeepers program until 2001. Landscape Architect Clive Justice provided the both the inspiration and leadership for this project.

Click here to view on Google™ Maps